Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The podiatrist says its bad

Initially at the hospital my foot didn't look so bad. Swollen and painful but visually it didn't seam like anything special. If it had not of hurt so much I wouldn't have gone in at all. I knew I hurt myself but I had no idea what I was in for. 
The ER doc got ex-rays and informed me I had a break in the third metatarsal.  He gave me pain meds and told me I could walk on it. I thought, 'this man is crazy, no way am I walking on it'.  I was referred to a podiatrist.

The podiatrist did a weight bearing ex-ray and determined a Lisfranc injury and sent me for ct scans.  The visuals for the ct were really cool, btw.  Anyways, it was determined I had 5 fractures and 2 dislocations.  This became easier to believe once the bruising pattern started to show.  Classic bruising on the under foot and along the outside edge of the top.



No comments:

Post a Comment