Thursday, August 20, 2015

Medicine Rules

So, since I don't take narcotics regularly I didn't know there were so many rules. The part I hate is learning the rules the hard way. Apparently, I have to get the prescription from my doctor with his hand written signature and take it to pharmacy.  I have 12 hours of pain meds left. There are no refills. The medicine cant be called in.  My doctors office is 40 minutes away from my house and its 3:30 in the afternoon when I discover that my doctor forgot to sign the prescription.  Its fixable, but what if it weren't. What if this was 4:30 on a Friday afternoon or the weekend. 
 
For those not used to taking this type of medicine my suggestion is to be proactive in getting your medicine just in case. Better to have it if you need it than have none and get a major pain flare. Last night the pain flared up so bad I didn't know what I was going to do. I made it through and this morning I had manageable pain again but now I fear running out of medicine. I fear that out of control pain. Interesting new experience that I hope goes away in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment