Thursday, October 8, 2015

8 weeks post surgery

I am so delighted... this blog might actually help someone besides me. Thank you so much for posting!

I am posting this photo of my new best friend (thank god its not forever) the knee scooter with basket.

My doctors appointment was Tuesday and he said I need to get moving again.  I have alot of muscle atrophy from non use.   However, my NWB has helped significantly so he wants 2 more weeks of that then we will start the PT.  I thought I was going to get in trouble admitting that I wasnt wearing the aircast 24/7 because its heavy.  He added in ABC excersizes.  To me it seems like the perfect compromise to, as he calls it, wake my foot up.  I was fearful about getting back on my foot and this pace is helping me with both mental and physical hurdles. Today I did random sets of drawing ABC with my foot/toes while lounging in front of the tv.  Its amazing how different my foot is now. 

Often I am grateful that I wasnt misdiagnosed by the podiatrist following my case.  That I didnt walk on it after the initial diagnoses of one fractured metatarsal from the ER, because it was really 5 fractures and 2 dislocations. I am so incredibly thankful that I have friends and family that love and care about me.  When I have times of dispare I tell myself how lucky I am not to be worried about getting the rent paid or feeding the kids. It all could have been so much worse and for some it has been. So, many times I find appreciation for my life. If this had to happen... at least it was in a time of good support onmultiple levels.

If your challenged by this serious injury your in my thoughts and if I could help you I would.  Lol, but if not we could have scooter races...

No comments:

Post a Comment